Saturday, May 27, 2017

Otis Swisher

This e-mail just received late yesterday by the club.


It is with a very heavy heart that I'm sending news of Otis Swisher's recent terminal diagnosis. He is under hospice care in his apartment and members of his close-knit family are making visits. He does not expect to live much longer. 

While I was with Otis today, I asked if he would like to hear from old friends from RFF. I told him that so many of us would want to show our appreciation and respect for him for being the unofficial but incredibly generous "fly fishing ambassador in the Rogue Valley" (my name for him). He agreed that he would like to receive notes. You may email him at ghoti5@hotmail.com or send a note to his address at 2180 Poplar Dr. #322, Medford 97504. Don't expect a response to your emails. At his very specific request, please do not call him or ask to visit. His energy is limited and you know that he is a very quiet person who demands his privacy. He does not want any kind of memorial service after his death.

But Otis was well enough to go fishing with his son Jack and his old friend Vince at Takelma Park on Wed. Of course, he caught a lovely trout skating a deer-hair bomber with his 3 wt. rod! I've included a link to some pictures 
​(taken by John Hutter) ​ 
that his children are happy to be able to share with all of you. https://goo.gl/photos/gdFg7fWsWQQymho48

I hope many of you will join me in showing your appreciation to Otis and saying your goodbyes to him.
Thank you, Jan Rowe 
​   541-941-1740​

No comments:

Post a Comment