Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2019 · 6-7:30 p.m.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Representatives from State and Local agencies will provide information including the rules, regulations and the impact of the hemp industry in Josephine County. A brief question/comment period will follow presentations.
Agencies represented will include:
• Oregon Department of Agriculture
• Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board
• Oregon Water Resources Department
• Department of State Lands
• Department of Environmental Quality
• Josephine County Sheriff’s Office
• Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
• Josephine County Code Enforcement
• Josephine County Watermaster
• Josephine County Community Development
Oregon lacks adequate staff and regulatory oversight of the exploding Industrial Hemp Program. This is an important meeting, so please plan to attend and voice your concerns on problems such as:
ILLEGAL IRRIGATION on hemp sites: Ramifications for legal farms and domestic wells
ILLEGAL POLLEN DRIFT (ORS 105.505)
HOT HEMP and enforcement loopholes
UNDERMINING of OLCC and OMMP inspections
HARMFUL AGRONOMIC PRACTICES of Hemp Farms
TOURISM Negative consequences due to smell and unsightly plastic
LOSS OF WORLD-CLASS THC GENETICS that are irreparably tainted
"DITCH WEED" potential and the threat of a noxious weed